Saturday, February 28, 2009

What do you think?

With the times being what they are and trying to save money for adoption and IVF we have been trying to save money where we can, especially when it comes to food. Our friend Jenni suggested we check out Pinching Your Pennies. It's about coupon clipping and using in-store deals. We've thought about coupon clipping before, but we figured it would be too much work especially since we don't get the sunday paper. After today though, I think I'm a believer. Here's a picture of everything we got at Albertsons:


Here is a list of everything that we got:
2 dozen eggs
7 Banquest Frozen Entrees
2 Banquet Frozen Dinners
12 Banquet Pot Pies
2 One pound bags of shrimp
1 Five pound bag of sugar
2 52 Fl oz of Welches Aqua Juice
2 Boxes Nabisco Saltines
3 Jello puddings
3 Jello Gelatins
2 boxes of Jello single servings
6 cans of Tomato Soup
4 boxes of Cereal
7 pounds of variety cut pork

My question to you: How much did we pay?
A) $100.89
B) $54.47
C) $35.67
D) $75.36

I'll give you the answer next week. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Waters said...

I choose the 35.67, and seriously I need to be an annoying coupon clipper. Im going to check out pinching your pennies like Jenni suggested.

Anonymous said...

Just a lurker, but another site is http://wantitall4free.blogspot.com/. She has some really good information. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers on your journey to parenthood. ~Sara~

mm said...

Good job mija!!! You know I do the coupon thing, it's great.

~mom

Amanda Walsh said...

I choose B. $54. I added up what I thought it would cost as I read the post and I came up with $53 am I right? Am I right??