Monday, December 28, 2009

Meeting Fayth

*Nic had a stuff bear when he had cancer, so it seemed fitting he give one to Fayth.

If any of you are friends of mine on facebook, then you know about my campaign to help Fayth and her family this holiday season.


Fayth is the seven year-old niece of one of my classmates from high school. Fayth has stage 2 Leukemia. My friend was asking people for help to make this holiday season wonderful for Fayth and her family. Be it in the form of money (for bills and gas) or Christmas presents.


As many of you know, Nic had cancer when he was younger, so anything that has to do with this horrible disease, I always try and help. For about two weeks, all my FB status' were about asking for help in spreading Christmas cheer for Fayth and her family. My friend and Fayth's family were touched by my efforts and especially so to learn that Nic was a 12 year survivor.


My friend asked Nic and I to come over so Fayth could meet him and so Nic could chat with the family. We had to move somethings around but we were able to meet Fayth and her family. Can I just say that it was so special. I had to do my best not to cry.

Nic was his charming self and was able to put a smile on every one's face, especially Fayth. My friend told me that the whole day Fayth's mom, Danielle, was really quiet and itching to head to Fresno for dinner. But when Nic got there, just opened up and forgot about her plans. I think it was a relief for Danielle to be able to talk to someone who understood what little Fayth is going through.

After our visit, we were able to take some pictures to remember everything. This was an experience that I will never forget. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to meet Fayth and her family. The last update we got is that Fayth's leukemia is in remission, but they are still in need of some financial help to cover the medical bills. If you would like to help Fayth, please email me at: ward_family_2005@hotmail.com (subject line Fayth). Thank you to my friends who help make Christmas a little more special for a little girl and her family.

No comments: