Saturday, May 26, 2012

IVF Update

Well, the appointment has been set.  We were really hoping to get in to see Dr. Slater this month but due to scheduling problems on our end and Dr. Slater being super busy, we are scheduled to see her June 12th (!!).  I was a little disappointed when they told me the date, but then they told me that they had just opened up that week so we're really lucky that we called when we did (again, reaffirms that the Lord is in control of this whole thing).

I still can't believe that this is happening. When I'm playing with Gabriella, I ask her: "Gabby, is it a brother or a sister that's waiting to come be a part of our family?  Is it both?"  I always wait for an answer, but of course she doesn't give me one-just a smile :). A couple of weeks ago I went to a friends graduation party/baptism celebration (for her daughter) and was able to visit with a lot of friends from our old ward (who I miss terribly) and was sharing our recent excitement with a friend who hadn't heard the good news.  I told her our tentative plans as to when we would like to do everything.  She looked at Gabriella and asked when her birthday was.  I told her it was July and then she began to do the math.  "Wow! They are going to be pretty close in age. (She looks at Gabriella) Did you make a deal with someone up there? Did you tell them that you would come first and that they could come after?"  I laughed, but after thinking about what she said it gave me chills and made me a little teary-eyed.



Gabriella was (and still is) such a easy baby.  She was sleeping through the night (which is considered at least 5 hours-she slept 6-8) by the time she was six days old, she's never had any earaches or high fever, she's never been colicky, and a list of a whole bunch of other things.  I always tell people "I think the Lord knew I needed to be eased into Motherhood.  As much as I wanted to be a mom, He knew I was still really nervous. With Gabriella being such an easy baby, it was His way of saying 'Look, you can do this.' "  Maybe Gabriella did in fact come first in order to prepare me for what was to come.  And truth be told, I can really see Gabriella taking charge in Heaven and saying "Look guys, I'm going to go first and ease her into it and then you can come."  I don't know how things really work in Heaven, but thinking things may have worked just like this makes me smile and have warm feelings :)

In other "update" news, I found out something pretty exciting, that if it works out, is going to be AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!  I was talking with my friend Taylor (he and his wife were the ones that clapped in excitement when we won the grand prize and his wife was the one that told me about the open house) and he was telling me that he and his wife, Erin, when they were going through IVF they qualified for 25% savings because they made under 'x' amount and it's something we should look into.  I asked him "even though we have the 50% off?  You think we would still qualify?"

"Why not?  You still have to come up with the other half (roughly $6,000). Just talk to them when you go in." I so appreciate Taylor and his optimistic attitude :)

When he told me about the possibility of an extra 25% savings I got a little excited.  If we had not made the decision for Nic to leave his previous place of employment and start his own business, we wouldn't have qualified for this extra (possible) savings because we made over 'x' amount of money.  Another instance where the Lord is directing our course?  I think so.  How things are falling into place, really feels like it did over two years ago when I quit my job to return to school and be a stay at home wife, and we moved to another city to put ourselves (financially) in a better position.  Except at that time we didn't know what the end result was going to be (being matched with our beautiful birth mom), we just knew and felt we needed to do certain things.  I've said this before (if you follow me on FB) and I'll say it again: it's amazing how life unfolds and blessing are bestowed upon you when you get out of the Lord's way and let him direct your path.

In order to help put money towards our (current) goal of $6,000 I having been sewing like a mad woman to sale some items: baby burp cloths (cotton), flannel burp cloths, Baby Leg Warmers, and bath towels for baby (way bigger than the small ones you get-they can grown into them). I'll also be making hair bows.  I'm hoping to have a blog up in the next week to list these items and have a place where you can make purchase or donations.

Everything is coming together.  Me and my little family are so blessed.  Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement.  It really has meant a lot to our family :)