Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lucky Peak

My friend Audra recently introduced me to Sandy Point as we were looking for a place to practice our open water swimming for the Y not Tri (which sadly I won't be doing now-I'm totally bummed). So, a couple of weeks ago Nic and I decided to have a BBQ out there and invite some friends out to Sandy Point Beach. While I have been up to Lucky Peak quite a few times (above the dam) I have never been to Sandy Point the whole SEVEN years I have lived here in Boise. This trip was long over due. It was so much fun!

(Adeline with her watermelon tongue)
(Sweet McKenna who just recently learned what a camera does. She would see me holding it and say 'cheese' or something to that effect)



(Henry enjoying lunch)

(Allison smiling for the camera)

(Lora soaking up the rays)

(some of the gang)


(The Hubby)


Sandy Point is really cool because there is a fountain out in the middle and the water is shallow enough that adults can walk out to it and back (it comes up to just pass my chest). The only real downer is that the water is FREEZING but on a scorching summer day it feels oh so good! The Phelps family brought a raft that they were generous to share with the Howard family. We through McKenna and Allison in there and they had a blast. We would walk out to the fountain and then walk back to shore and then do it again. A little boring for us adults but the kids had fun. The funniest thing was when we were coming back to shore once and we saw Audra's son Henry smiling at us sitting on another person's raft! The had brought him out because he was at the shore crying for his mom.
We forgot Nic's camera (which is h2o proof) so we didn't get any pictures of the kids in the raft. We'll get some this weekend.

No comments: