Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hair!

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

I am a hair freak! I love changing it. Sticking with one hair-style and color is totally NOT me. My stylist always jokes with me that I change my hair so much that Nic must feel like he gets a new woman every two months, and funny enough that's what Nic often jokes about.

I think it all started back in the summer of '98 when I went to Belgium and came back (to my mom's surprise) with blonde in my hair. I've had long hair, short hair and super short hair. I've had blonde, carmel, and platinum blonde in my hair. Recently I've FINALLY been able to have my hair exactly how I want it. And I think this style and color is here to stay (with some subtle changes of course). Here's the evolution of my hair within the last year(s).

Short and sassy

Rocker look: light to dark-little longer

Blonde and wavy

Blonde with a flip

Not my real hair. Just fun to throw in.
Now, here is what I call my hair liberation and I TOTALLY love it!!! I went red. The picture on top is a vibrant fire engine red AND I got bangs for the first time in a really, really, REALLY long time. At first, I felt like a little girl but they grew on me. I loved the vibrant color but it started fading to pink and a nasty lookin' orangy pink-not what I wanted. So, I had to go back to my stylist and go for a more subtle red (picture on the bottom). I still like it, but I want the "pop" back. Maybe when I'm working again and can afford the upkeep I'll go back. But for now, it will do.



Like I said I LOVE this new color and it's here to stay. Sorry mama, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

LOVE IT!!! It's so fun to play with hair! And I know, my mom doesn't like my hair either. TOO BAD! Sooooo fun!!!!!!