Friday, April 25, 2008

Kids are just too darn cute!

Background story: Whenever Nic does something (that I deem) unnecessary or inappropriate I call him “Nicolas” or even sometimes “Nicolas Ryan.” Occasionally, something will happen at a friends’ house (more often than not) that I have to address my dear hubby as “Nicolas.”

When Nic and I were cleaning out the old house, Melanie sent me a text message. Here’s our whole conversation:

Melanie: Apparently Allison was yelling at your husband today because he is the only Nicolas she knows. She kept pointing her finger and yelling No Nicolas!

Me: LOL! What was he doing? Or, what was she doing that made her say that?

Mel: I don’t know. She was just in the kitchen yelling at him.

Me: Maybe she’s heard me tell Nic “no” too many times. . .that’s the other thing that’s funny she said “Nicolas” and not Nic. I only say “Nicolas” when he’s in trouble. . .smart girl! She’s caught on quick. :)


Mel: Yeah, I thought that was funny too. That’s how I knew she was yelling at him. Because she called him Nicolas.


Later that night we went over to Melanie's house and I asked Allison if Nic was being naughty and she kind'a got shy and looked at me and then at Nic and she ever so quietly said Yeah. I asked her what he did, but she didn't answer.


As cute as this story is, I just want to clear one thing up. I have never "yelled" at Nic. I've definitely been working on my "mommy voice" but I've never yelled. I just usually tell him "no" a lot-which is problem a bad thing too. Nic and I have never gotten into an argument or a fight. Yes, we disagree sometimes but we are always able to resolve it. With two years of dating before we got married, I think we did all that stuff when we were dating, it's all out of our system. Though we've been married three years we have been "together" (on and off) since 2002. . .six years-crazy!
Anyways, to get back to my original post: kids are just so stinkin' cute! The say and do the funniest things. Though Nic and I don't have any kids, I'm glad Mel and TJ have asked us to be involved in Allison's life. It's definitely helped fill (in a small way) the void we have in our lives right now.

4 comments:

Waters said...

Allison's pretend moment of yelling at "Nicolas" is so funny. I love this story. :)

Waters said...

I cant wait to see pictures of the HOUSE with your stuff in it!!! Or in person :)

Sheena said...

That is so funny!

Garrison Propaganda said...

very cute.