Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Words of comfort

Monday thru Friday at 11 pm I watch reruns of The Bernie Mac Show. It's actually quite funny. If Nic is sleeping when I'm watching I have to try and hold my laughter in, 'cause oh my gosh-so funny! Anyways, tonights episode Bernie and his wife Wanda are trying to get pregnant and they're have difficulties. They both get tested to find out what's wrong and it turns out that she is the one that is the problem. She then starts to tell Bernie there are drugs that she can take and other things they can do (A.I., IVF, etc) but "some people just aren't meant to have kids of their own." I start crying. As some of you know this is something that has been extremely difficult for me. Nic too, but I have REALLY been struggling with it-he's the strong one right now. Anyway, Bernie starts comforting her and telling her that he is willing to do whatever it takes so they can have a baby. I start crying again (I know, I'm a big baby). While he's talking to her, the song "Stand By Me" starts playing in the background. I've always liked this song, but tonight it just took on a different meaning for me. So, I decided to share the lyrics. Here they are:



When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me


And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
And the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darlin', darlin', stand by me, oh stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me, stand by me-e, yeah

Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me, oh now now stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me
Darlin', darlin', stand by me-e, stand by me
Oh stand by me, stand by me, stand by me


I just wanted to take a moment and pubically tell Nic how much I love him and how truly grateful I am for him. He is my strength. I know I can lean on him when I am at my lowest. I'm grateful for the encouragement he gives me and the endless love he shows me. I love you Nicolas Ryan.

3 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

what a sweet husband. and i know you know the lord has different time tables than us. and it is always hard to wait for something you want now. my heart goes out to you during your difficult times.

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

You and your husband are so sweet! Don't loose hope. I know you guys are going to be amazing parents when the time is right. It took us a little while. After all, we've been married almost 8 years and just had our first baby. The Lord will bless you when the time is right. I love you!

Waters said...

okay,...I was reading through a magazine and read something interesting....here Ill write it - "Based on research from the Harvard school of public health and the nurses health study, the fertility diet (mcgra hill,2007) can help you avoid the most common cause of infertility: diffulty ovulating. Scientists found that women eating low fat or fat free dairy are more likely to have trouble getting pregnant, while full fat dairy has the opposite effect. The authors recommend one to two servings of full fat dairy each day, such as whole milk of cheese, while trying to conceive. its a temporary change, so dont worry too much about the extra saturated fat. (but speak with a doctor if youre at risk for heart disease). The rest of the plan is a balanced diet of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean protein and encourages a healthy body weight, exercise, and taking a multivitamin with folic acid."
- - So elaine...looks like we're going to Baskin Robbins for our ladies night?