Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chicago a no go!!


Nic constantly reminds me that we always go to concerts that I want to go to (Black Eyed Peas-twice, Harry Connick Jr-totally dreamy, and Josh Groban)-even though I did endure Spamalot when it came to the Morrison Center. So, being the wonderful wife that I am I decided to check out the entertainment for this year's Western Idaho Fair and I hit the jack pot!!

Chicago was coming to the fair on August 20th, and while I was surprised that a band as popular as they are was coming to the fair I was still excited. Now Nic couldn't throw guilt trips at me; we were finally going to a concert that he would want to go see. Not to say that I hate Chicago, but I always joke with him by saying: "which city is this?" referring to a song by Boston or Chicago (which actually turns out to be a song by Journey).

So, yesterday Nic and I are excited for our date-night at the fair and to enjoy the wonderful smells (and tastes) of fair food (my personal favorites: corn dogs, cotton candy and elephant ears-YUMMY!!!) Traffic was jammed trying to get to the fair grounds. We finally make it in and find a parking space and begin the walk to the entrance to buy our tickets. As we're walking to the fair entrance by glancing around you could tell that a lot of couples were making this their date night (some a lot older than Nic and I). I can see those wonderful neon lights that say "tickets" as we are approaching and then to my right and left I notice there are two very LLLOOOOONNNGG lines waiting to buy tickets. I thought by the time we got in the show would have started already. We were directed to the proper line (as we did not have any children nor considered persons of the golden age) and began our wait.

While in line we found out that there was a power outage at the ticket windows and they were only accepting cash (good thing we stopped to get some) and only two of the four or five entrances were open. After waiting in line for like 10 minutes, the line started moving really fast. That got me way excited and I thought we would make it in. As we get closer to the ticket window, we were directed to another line (that was twice as long) because the one we were waiting in had run out of tickets. Still hopeful we starting walking towards the other line. The line just kept going and going and going, we looked at each other and said "Let's go home."

So, instead of a night filled with music, food, rides and fun. We had a nice quiet evening at home. Looks like I still owe Nic a concert of his choice. . .maybe I can turn him into a NKOTB fan before November 15th. I guess we will see.

2 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

sounds like you two are quite the concert goers. bummer it didnt work out to see chicago. i cant believe you guys thought to get cash before, way to be planners! isnt it weird how little we use cash now as opposed to credit cards? hopefully something else will work out in your husbands favor.

The Ward(s) said...

Yes we are, I think us not having kids have allowed us to enjoy such luxuries. We decided to get cash before because that way once we're out we wouldn't be temepted to just swipe the card or visit an ATM. I know a guy that spent $150 at the fair for him and his girlfriend-CRAZY!