Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year

I'm sure most people associate that phrase with Christmas, but for me it can only mean one thing: Football season!!! And the boys (in blue) are back in town!

The team is a lot younger this year (prime example: there's only one returning player for the offensive line and all newbies on the defensive line-YIKES!!) and watching the game from the comfort of my own home I was a little nervous; I can't imagine what the tension felt like at the stadium. It took the boys a little time to find their groove and for the devoted fans of Boise State to have faith in their new (young and true freshman) QB Kellen Moore (he may be young, but the kid can throw) but eventually everything all worked out. Moore played a pretty good game and I think he won the confidence of the fans-which in BSU football is wwaaayy important (especially when they feel another player deserved the role of QB).

In true Bronco fashion, the final score was 49-7 (though we have totally slaughtered teams far worse then that). The most humorous part of the game was when ISU tried this play (you know, when we won the Fiesta Bowl) but they were denied by our d-line and met with boos that rang throughout the stadium. Did they really think the could pull it off, c'mon guys! You're playing with the big boys'! So, here's to a new football season that will be enjoyed from the comfort of our own home-thankfully, most of the games will be broad casted locally and a couple on ESPN-I may only miss one game. I'm still determined to make it to one home game-thank goodness for craigslist.

P.S. If you go HERE you can catch the video that they show on BroncoVision before kick-off. I don't know about you, but it sends chills down my spine! Heck yes baby!!!

4 comments:

Tori said...

That was an awesome video! I want to put it on my blog too. We watched the game from our house too. I miss being there but it is hard with expensive tickets and a baby.

Garrison Propaganda said...

im glad your in your realm of football season. cant say im a big fan, but its always fun to hear a fanatics rantings and ravings and love for something. yeah for you and idaho football!

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Thank you Elaine for your comments. You are so sweet. I would really like to get some photography tips from you sometime. Like what kind of Camera you shoot with and what you do for fill flash. I'm really trying to learn the tricks. I check your Photography blog all the time and think you take some awesome pics.

Amanda Walsh said...

Well, he goes to thrift stores and he picks up things that are valuable for almost nothing and then sells them. Lately he's found a lot of software. He picked up Windows XP for 5 dollars! There's a ton of Microsoft software around here because of the employees. He just looks around and if he finds something he thinks may be valuable he calls me. I look it up on eBay and tell him if it's worth anything or not by looking at the completed listings. We had a gold mine in Rexburg. Do you guys ever go down there? You could probably make a thousand or so every couple months with our secret. My email address is amandaredhead@gmail.com, if you email me I'll email you back. Also, you can look at everything he's sold on eBay lately. His username is Walshrocket. You can go to eBay and click on "Community" then there's a search right at the top. Type in Walshrocket and there ya go. :) So shoot me an email and I'll email you back!