Friday, September 5, 2008

Labor (day) of Love!

Some may think that Labor Day is a time for rest, but not in the Ward Home. We spent our Labor Day weekend painting, and well it's about time.

A few months ago, I was checking out Craigslist (for reals, I heart it) and we came across a painting company that was giving away FREE paint. Nic and I were all over that. I was a little worried that we wouldn't find the colors that we wanted (for our baseboards, bathrooms, living room and family room) but we did. So, Saturday we started painting our mud room. Originally, it was going to stay our mud room and the cats' room but we decided to change it to our office. I've come to the realization that while I love having the downstairs completely for entertaining it has made me incredibly lazy! I hate hiking up the stairs to get to the office and then come ALL THE WAY down, so we moved it into the mud room and it totally works. So, here are some pics:






Monday afternoon instead of moving on to the next room we decided to hit the greenbelt for a bike ride. While riding, Nic informed me that he had NEVER been to the Boise Zoo, so we went and it was so much fun. It was nice just to walk around and get excited to see all the animals like some young little kid. The only downer was we kind'a had to decide which exhibits we wanted to see more than others because we only had like an hour until closing time, but none the less we had a jolly ol' time.

(Us taking a break at the zoo)


So, summer is gone. Bummer, I know. All is well. On to the fall season (AKA as football season) and just a few days before we take off to Oregon-heck yes baby!!!

No comments: