Monday, September 29, 2008

All things Orange and Blue


September 20th was an AWESOME day! Not only was it Nic's birthday (the old man is nearing 30!), but it was also the day of the BSU game against Oregon. Oh my freakin' a! That was seriously the best game ever. Nic and I went to the coast Mel and TJ. We weren't able to leave as early as we wanted because Nic's flight got in super late (not until 11:45 pm-it was supposed to come in at 5 pm) and we still needed to change the oil in the car. Though we got on the road late, it was still quite enjoyable.



It was nice to get away and enjoy the Oregon coast. I am totally a water baby. I could spend ALL day at the beach, wonderfully content. I love the smell of the ocean air and the cool breeze. Ah, so refreshing, and flying a kite! I love flying a kite but surprisingly the wind was hardly blowing. Because he loves me show much, he tried giving it a go for me.


















Friday night we celebrated Nic's birthday. Aunt Loretta made a super yummy dinner complete with a homemade German Chocolate cake (including the frosting-both Melanie and I said "they sale it in a can") and enough candles to set off the smoke alarm. Okay, not really but seriously, Nic's getting old.


After two fantastic days at the beach, it was GAME DAY!!
People warned us about the fans at Oregon, but they were actually really nice. When we entered their indoor field, this sweet old lady saw me in my Bronco gear, grabbed hold of my arm and said: "It's so good to see you. I'm so glad you could make it here. We're happy to have you." Too cute! We had a couple of Oregon fans around us, but it wasn't bad at all (we should have taken a picture with them-darn!).
It was a good game, but near the end it was a little nerve racking. For a moment there it looked like the boys weren't going to be able to do it, but the defense was able to hold them at bay.




Before the game the game Nic and his Uncle Gary made a little wager. If BSU lost, then we would need to send him some Idaho potatoes, but if they one then he would owe us lawn fertilizer. I'm very happy to say, that we returned home with a nice bag fertilizer. Yeah for grass and yeah for BSU winning!!!

Oregon was nice. I was so sad to go, but I guess we'll have to go back sooner. Thanks to Uncle Gary and Aunt Loretta for hosting us in their beautiful home. We hope to see you soon!

1 comment:

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Isn't the Oregon Coast so beautiful!? I love it there.