Monday, October 13, 2008

I am so crafty!



Well, not really. But for this project I was pretty proud of myself. This is a tutu. No I did not sew it (are you kidding me-I haven't sewed since the 7th grade), it's a no sew tutu and it is super easy to make. If you google "no sew tutu" you'll get a ton of hits, essentially they are all the same. Here are some pictures of the knots that I tied. I tried to take pictures as I was going, but it's really hard to do when you only have one hand and a big camera.


I made these for Melanie's girls for a photoshoot, in my "studio" shoot (i.e. meaning a spare room in my house that is equipped with backdrops that my AWESOME hubby built for me). We had some difficulties-which means after an hour and a half of shooting, Allie started getting distracted and McKenna was fussy. I did manage to get one shot of Allie in hers though. Too cute!


Just thought I'd brag. Adios!

6 comments:

Tori said...

Kenzington so needs one of those! Too cute!

Waters said...

way cool, I think Ill have to make one for Miss Valerie.

Melanie said...

What's the matter with that little girl? She should be happy to wear something so cute. Doesn't she know how to smile?

The Ward(s) said...

Yeah, she's a little brat sometimes! ;) The pictures turned out so cute of her and McKenna. . .maybe when we have them for a week I'll take some of McKenna in her fairy outfit-that was just too darn cute!

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Oh! I like! I better get one for Aubri.

Waters said...

I just bought my tule(sp) today, and cant wait until I cut out the strips. Im thinking about wrapping it up and giving it to Val at the hospital as a gift from Jackson.

uh Elaine, you really need to clean your fingernails.... he he he he heeeee.