Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Pappy!


This is my Dad (aka Pappy, aka Padre, aka Daddy, aka Father, aka 1/2 of the parental unit)

and he is the bestest! I can remember him taking me to the elementary school and have me run dribbling drills with the hopscotch. He taught me how to shoot a lay-up. My dad taught me how to NOT throw like a girl and how to swing a bat. He taught me how to drop kick a soccer ball and how to run a 100 yard sprint without flapping my arms around like a chicken (yes there is a correct way to run when you sprint).

My dad taught me that good things come to those who wait: like him joining the church and finding my Mr. Right (while dating all of the Mr. What was I thinking's). He taught me how I should be loved and treated. His endless love for my mom was such an example to me growing up.

He taught me how to worker by him working seven days a week, but always somehow being able to make it to my games (for whatever sport I was playing at that season).

No comments: