Saturday, February 27, 2010

Come what may. . .and LOVE it

There is a blog are frequently stalk, er, I mean check. The blog? The r house (if you read our 'Journey' blog, you've seen me mention Mrs. R before AND a link to her blog). Mrs. R is a HUGE adoption advocate. Her blog alone has changed my perception of open adoption. She's has me thinking of ways to find our birth mother instead of waiting for her to find us. In other words, Mrs. R is AMAZING!


The r house is known for giveaways and I never enter or make mention of them until now. The new giveaway is called: "Come what may and love it." Mrs. R has had a rough last year with her contested adoption (something that truly terrifies me) and her family theme was: Come what may. It's taken a while for me to come into this: "Come what may" attitude. Quitting my job. Adjusting to the new life of quitting my job. Trying to navigate through this adoption process. A lot of this has been heavy burden. I've turned to Nic, who can always bring me back to center (I'm sooooooo grateful for that-I'm prone to freak outs). I've tearfully turned to the Lord. I'm waiting for that twist of fate. For things to fall into place.


I know all things are meant to make us stronger and are for our benefit. But sometimes, it's hard. REALLY hard. I'll be honest, I bounce back and forth between "Come what may" and "I'm really hating this right now." Haha. But I know that the Lord is always by my side and that by and through my faith, I will be able to face anything. Come what may.

2 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

what a beautiful post! i am so glad you are more open to open adoption. it is truly a gift! YAY!

i love how you worked the whole point of the necklace into the post. love it.

GOOD LUCK!

Just Only Me said...

I want one of those necklaces! And you can see what I'm craving today...the backdrop looks like chocolate truffles! :) Love ya.