Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Day of Love-and the mushiness that comes with it


Well, Nic did it again. He totally surprised me! We celebrated Valentine's Day on Monday with some friends of ours to avoid the holiday rush and he had given me presents then (a beautiful jewelry box and two dvd's: To Kill a Mocking Bird-my all time favorite book-and The Game Plan), so I really wasn't expecting anything today. To my great surprise upon getting home from work and getting ready to hit the gym I found this on my bed. I LOVED all of it! The flowers were done by the best florist in town, my bff Emily but Nic did inform me that he did pick the vase and the flowers himself. :) My dear hubby, he never lets me down. He actually got his gift last month when I bought me a really nice iPod nano but I'll have to think of something to do for him. . . maybe I'll give him a "heart attack" like I did when we were dating. That was way fun. When we were dating, I drove out to his parents house (about 45 mins outside of Boise) and plastered his room with hearts that I cut out-all kinds of sizes and then I spread Hersey kisses across his room. . .it was fun! Oh, the memories of this wonderful Holiday.

You would think after celebrating this holiday for six years (two of which we were dating) together, that I would have learned that Nic never disappoints. I'm so grateful for a loving husband and the support and encouragement that he gives me. With him by my side I feel that I can do anything, which is how love and marriage should be. It breaks my heart when I hear of people getting divorced and spouses cheating. Love is an ACTION, not just a feeling. Love takes work. Never stop loving. Never stop working.

3 comments:

Waters said...

Thumbs up to Nic & kuddos to Emily for the flower arrangement.

Garrison Propaganda said...

AMEN about the love is action. i know, it just makes me sick when i hear of others problems. what can i say, were lucky!

CortEmPeterson said...

Elaine you've been tagged!
Check out my blog
Hey nice flowers you must have a fantastic florist who is she. HAHAHAHA!!!