Friday, February 22, 2008

So Cute!



As you are all know, Nic and I do not have kids and it has been very difficult for us to get pregnant. With that said, when my BFF Melanie had her little girl Allison (Allie Mac) her husband told me and Nic that they wanted us to play an active role in her life. Kind'a like her god-parents. Nic and I of course said yes and have been there ever since.

Well, last month it was snowing like crazy in Idaho. One night, Nic and I decided to take advantage of the snow and go sledding and we thought we would invite Melanie and her husband TJ and Allison to come with us. Melanie had to work and TJ wasn't sure if Allison would like it. We told him that she would especially if she enjoyed being spun around in a laundry basket (another funny story). We told him that we would be there to pick her up at 8:30. We went to pick her up and TJ said Melanie was getting off work early and for us to wait because "I'm sure she'd love to go." Melanie gets home and the four of us head to Camel's Back park which has a huge hill (TJ had to stay home and watch his niece and nephew).

We get to the park and we give Melanie the deserved privledge of riding down the hill first with Allison (this was little Allie's first time sledding). The whole way down she was giggling (we only went up probably 1/4 of the hill-we didn't want to scare her), she had the time of her life! She got a couple of good runs in before we got kicked out of the park (it's illegal for you to be in the park after dark).


Well, fast forward to today. It was another beautiful snowy day in Idaho and I had a message from Melanie. She said that Allison wanted to ask me something, but the only thing I could make out was her saying "please." I call Melanie and she tells me that TJ told Allison it was snowing and asked her if she wanted to go play outside, to which she replied "Nic. . . .Elaine. . . sledding." Oh my goodness, how cute is that? Just totally melted my heart. Obviously, she had a pretty good time. If the snow keeps up, we're taking her again tomorrow. That little girl, she is too cute! I can't wait to have kids.


p.s.-do you like that picture of her? Yeah, I took it :)

1 comment:

Garrison Propaganda said...

we love sledding! such cute pictures you took too. how is your little kitty clan doing?