Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"You're boring!"

We hadn't been in our new ward but over a month and we already have callings. Nic is 1st Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency (his boss told him that it's a step away from Elders Quorum Presidency-the test you to make sure you come every week) and I am the 11 year Primary teacher (me and another sister switch every week). Right now, they have me teaching the 6/7 year olds until they find a permanent teacher, but since I was sick this past Sunday so Nic stepped in. I had the lesson all out-lined and told him he shouldn't have a problem. I guess I was wrong.

On the way home from church Nic called me and said "Yeah, I'm never teaching primary again."

"Why?

"The kids told me I was boring-on more than one occasion. 'You're boring!' 'I thought you said I could teach the lesson.' 'Can we go outside?' 'Can we play a game? 'I'm bored.' 'When is class over, you're boring.'

To help Nic's injured ego feel better, I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it. He even told me: 'Go ahead, laugh. You know you want to.'

Poor Nic, to all of you who know my dear hubby he's anything BUT boring. Maybe the younger kids just aren't his type of crowd. Maybe it wasn't him at all, but the lesson that I had planned! Who knows, but I guess I'll find out on Sunday. I guess it's a good thing I only have to teach them for another week. Kids. . .the can be the toughest critics!

1 comment:

Garrison Propaganda said...

well i hope you feel better, and i hope theyre not bored when you resume subbing!