Friday, March 28, 2008

We are proud to welcome: Ginger!

So, I finally posted some pictures of the new kitty addition to our family. We named her Ginger. We probably shouldn't have named her (you get more attached that way), but I was just tired of calling her 'kitty.' She is so adorably cute! She has markings just like her daddy/uncle, just the opposite colors. She is becoming more moble-walking everywhere and curious as to everything that is going on. Sometimes when the other cats start running around, she gets a little freaked out, but she will just find herself a little corner and observe the madness going on around her.
Here is Ginger and Ebony:
Ebony is turning out to be quite the little mommy. She will let Ginger run around, but if feels she's gettting into too much mischief she will either pull her into the bed and start giving her a bath. It's funny to see Ginger try to resist her, it kind'a reminds me of The Lion King when Simba is getting a bath by his mom-really cute. She's also very protective of her. If some of the other cats start batting at Ginger (not hurting her, just playing roughly) Ebony will run over there and meow at them like she's telling them: "Back off, or you're going to have to deal with me." She will stand over her too when Ivory and Pooka chase each other around. Such a good mommy.
Here is the happy family: Ivory (daddy/uncle), Ebony and Ginger
We are going to wait until she's either 3 or 4 months old before we adopt her out. If you adopt them out too early, they suffer socially: they can be extra whiny, still try to nurse-the list goes one. I'm kind'a sad though; I don't want Ebony to have any withdrawals when we give her away. Nic assures me she will be fine (becuase this is what cats do) but I just think of how I might feel if someone were to take my baby away. I know, I know, it's not the same but I'm sensitive, or pathetic. You decide :)

2 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

thats such a cute family shot. im amazed at how cooperative they are! your three are better than my two!

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

I'm a sucker for a kitten! I can't resist how cute they are! I would feel the same way giving them away. So hard.